Sunday, March 25, 2012

Unplanned Weekend

Plans got rearranged this weekend, so Stonehenge and the Jane Austin house and museum got moved to next weekend.  I ended up spending yesterday morning shopping in Chichester.  It's a beautiful little town, centered around the Chichester cathedral.  It's actually an old Roman city, and parts of the original Roman wall still stands. 
One part of the wall.  In other areas it is much taller and impressive.

Beautiful day to shop!
Lunch at The Fountain (fancy fish and chips - pretty good, but the best seem to be the ones they throw on newspaper and serve to you in a less stylish fashion).

 Today I helped my hosts set up their beach hut.  The weather is turning warmer, and since the beach is only 1 mile away, it's a nice place to go read, cook out, and relax on pretty days.  Not sure that the water will be warm enough to swim in before I leave, but it's still a relaxing and enjoyable way to spend the day.  I think the rest of the afternoon I'll just catch up on some of my television programs I've missed and then read a little. 

All in all it was a pretty relaxing weekend, apart from receiving some upsetting news about my grandfather being in the hospital.  I wish there was more I could do, but from 5000 miles away it's difficult.  I'm trying not to think about it until I hear further news, but that's not very easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment