Sunday, March 11, 2012

The South Downs

Today was another lovely day in Bognor Regis.  The sun was shining, the weather was warm...it was a day that warranted being outside.  We started out late in the morning by driving through the South Downs to a lovely area in which to walk. 


After our walk, we stopped at a nice little Pub called The Partridge Inn.  The atmosphere was wonderful inside, but because it was so nice we decided to eat outside on the picnic tables.  I had my first "real" pint of Guinness, along with some fish and chips and mushy peas.  It was delicious!  As we sat and ate, I watched two children playing croquet in the yard. It was very....British?!  


After our lunch, we drove to Goodwood Motor Circuit, where they do motorsports, horse racing, and aviation.  We watched my hosts' eldest son Marc fly for about an hour (takeoff and landing, anyway), and relaxed outside with tea and snacks.  It was so neat to see all of the planes coming and going.  Some of them were open roof, but most of them were small four-seater Cessnas.


It was a pretty wonderful day.  I expect tomorrow will be enjoyable as well, because I plan to spend it wandering around in town.  I want to check out some of the local shops and try to find a good curry takeaway.  Then, I start school on Tuesday, so it's sure to be an exciting week!

2 comments:

  1. hope you have an amazing week! living vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's scary to be away from home, but Skype is making it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete