Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oui, Chef

Yesterday and today I got roped into helping bake biscuits for Charity Week.  Both mornings I supervised 15 children as they made several dozen Easter Biscuits (lemon zest, sugar, butter, flour, currants, candied citrus peel, and spice powder).  The point was to sell those, along with Bird's Nests, raffle tickets, and Easter Eggs, to raise money for a local charity.  Both days went really well, although today went somewhat better than yesterday (no burnt biscuits! took an hour less than it did yesterday!).  Today they sold yesterday's biscuits and tomorrow they'll sell today's.  Hopefully, all the children's hard work will earn loads of money for their charity!

I'm not sure what the rest of my week looks like.  I can't say I've really had a single "normal" day at school, which I'm perfectly okay with.  In fact, the time is going quite quickly and it's hard to believe tomorrow is Wednesday already.  Next Friday is our last day before our two week Easter holiday, and then I'll only have two more weeks left.  The time is flying, really!  During my lunch hour today, I spent some time looking through some of the brochures my hosts picked up for me.  I'm trying to plan out my first trip to London, but it's really difficult because there is so much to do.  I think the first time I'm there, I really just want to take a ride on a double-decker, and just see most of the sights that way.  Then, I can go back and do some shopping in Notting Hill, go to the British Museum, see some of the Harry Potter landmarks, do a Jack the Ripper walk, etc.  It's only about an hour and a half away, and a two week holiday leaves me with loads of free time.  We'll also go to Paris during that time, so I'll have to decide what I want to see there, too. 

This weekend, it looks like I'll be able to visit Stonehenge and Jane Austin's house/museum.  They are both relatively near each other and will make for a nice day trip.  Hopefully the weather will be good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment